Host a GNOME Release Party!

Me llega esto vía correo-e, aunque es verdad que se han pasado con un aviso tan tan tardío:

Hi All,

The release of GNOME 3.22 is happening this week, on Wednesday, September 21st. Please help us host release parties around the world to celebrate! Even if it’s just you and a few friends gathering over beers or pizza, that counts, right? :slight_smile: Also, it doesn’t have to be on the actual day.

Party in the USA World
Releases are a big deal. All of our hard work and effort pays off as we release another stable version of GNOME for the world to use. That’s pretty awesome. By having release parties, you can help us spread the word about GNOME and help us attract more users and contributors. Let’s show the world how cool GNOME is, and how awesome our community is!

Check out the 3.22 Release Wiki page for information on parties happening near you. Don’t see one? Host one! You can add information about any gatherings you’re hosting directly, or email me the details if you don’t have wiki access. @GNOME.Asia Team - please add any parties happening around you! Let’s make this truly global.

#gnomesocial #gnomeparty - not just for little men
Social media is powerful. We’ll be using the hashtags #gnomesocial and #gnomeparty to raise awareness. Try searching for those on social media now. What did you find? Probably little men with white beards and tall hats, or people pretending to be little men with white beards and tall hats. Let’s change that and give those hashtags a whole new meaning so that curious eyes will get to know what GNOME really means.

Reimbursements
We are trying something new and allocating a small budget ($50 USD per group for the first 10 groups to ask) to help offset costs for those who are organizing an event. Please read the release party reimbursements section for more details, or email me to find out more. This is an experiment, so please be patient with us as we explore sending small reimbursements around the world. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.

Lastly, sorry for the late notice. Lots going on this month.

Thanks, and get excited! Version 3.22 is just around the corner.

Best,
Nuritzi

Sé que es un aviso de última hora. Pero si alguien se anima le regalo una de las poquitas pegatinas de GNOME que me quedan:

Yo me animo!

Juanjo <3 Gnome

1 me gusta

Pues ya sabes como funciona esto.

Para el sitio elige cualquier bar o parecido. Y si te das mucha prisa escribes a esta mujer y le solicitas la ayuda económica para ver si podemos invitar a una bebida a los asistnetes. Pero hay que correr… YA

Es para mañana, ¿no? Me pongo ahora a ello. ¿Subo actividad también?

1 me gusta

¿Acaso no caga el Papa?

:wink:

Ah, yo creo que tengo permisos de escritura en el wiki de GNOME, si hace falta añadir algo allí.

Pues acabo de enviarle un email a Cassandra para que me cuelgue los datos :-/